Monday 13 December 2010

If it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and acts like a duck.. it’s probably a duck

I tried my First-Ever duck in pancakes with Hoi sin sauce on Friday and my, my it is ambrosia. Surely this is what all the Ancient Greek texts speak of surely my life-long search is finally over.
I even had some left so gave D the oh-so-important task of putting it in the fridge for me to eat later...
Next morning I discovered to my horror that D had, in his drunken state, placed my precious elixir of the gods in the trash. I spent all day moping about the house complaining about how I had plans for that leftover duck BIG PLANS! From my incessant whining and because he's just a big fat enabler, D then ordered me more Duck with pancakes in Hoi Sin Sauce. This time he ordered me DOUBLE pancakes and DOUBLE sauce. (Yay!) I gorged myself on the exquisite supper and then placed the remainders in the fridge (having learnt that D cannot be trusted with such a massive responsibility.) Sunday morning I then reheated the meal and gorged myself again while grinning like a mad thing and growling tutting at D whenever he tried to steal any. So this is three days now that I have had the same meal...three.
I woke up in the middle of the night with the tummy pains of doom (maybe my digestive system isn't set up for too much godly nectar, me being a mere mortal and all) and suffered my way through the night. This morning however I was craving some more duck but sadly I have eaten it all and even the cats have licked the bones from out of the bin clean so there aren't even scraps left.
I haven't learned my lesson...if it was up to me I'd have eaten this meal all week long stomach ache or no stomach ache. That's the problem - when I discover new foods I get addicted oh so easily until uh-oh hospital admittance time, it doesn't help that D has less willpower than me. Even lab rats learn faster than I do when it comes to food.

2 comments:

  1. "Even lab rats learn faster than I do when it comes to food.' Made me laugh.

    I hope you don't mind me asking and delete this if you do, but why don't you leave your site address link on your comments on my blog? You're a very good writer and more people should be reading you. Just asking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for the compliment Laura that's very strong indeed coming from such a stellar blogger such as yourself. Truth is I a) didn't know if that would be rude and b) hadn't a clue how (in that order...honest lol)

    ReplyDelete