Tuesday 9 August 2011

Why I'm going to hell in a fast car...

Here is an account from the theme park as to why I'm off to hell...and surprise, surprise involves my "parenting" abilities...or lack of.
Devil has been on the runaway Croc for at least twenty circuits and decided he, Karma, D and I should go on the runaway train. So D and Karma head to the back of the ride and Devil and I head to the front of the runaway train...

Now the runaway train is quite mild, it has one big (ish) drop, is very fast with lots of tight turns and is a family ride, but a family ride for the older, braver kids and lasts maybe 30 seconds a circuit including the climb.






We go past the first drop and Devil and I scream together and all is fine and dandy...the ride pulls back into the station and Devil turns to me

"I didn't really like it"

I pause for dramatic effect before saying to him... "I'm so sorry baby.....it goes round twice"

At which point Devil screeches "But I'm not ready yet!!!!!" before clinging into me. I turn my head to D several rows back who asks me how it went and I give him the 'thumbs down' then turn back and put my arms round Devil and say encouraging things to him as well as trying to shelter him from the worst bumps and g-force......while he screams and I try not to laugh out loud.

When we got off though he was totally fine after a matter of seconds announcing he liked it but doesn't want to go on again...
We had an awesome day, I have pictures but they're on D's phone so I guess I'll get them around Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment