Monday 23 April 2012

Tag

Dear Hoody has tagged all the members of her royal court, and as 'Ambassador of Foreign Affairs' it's time to give my biast opinions on the following questions in the hopes of "cultural learnings for betterment of the royal court" and other nonsensical-ness.


1.  Book or movie and why?
Book.  Book. Book. I always prefer to read a book before I see the film since my imagination always does better than the film makers (pitbulls as muttations, what are you trying to do, give me an anyurism?), and to be fair most films end up cutting out some important parts - like the plot.
That said - I have been known to sit through bleak house, Jane Eyre, and Anna Karenina in film version to avoid reading the book. Sometimes the language and how complicated the story can be - (I'm looking at you J.R.Tolkien) has had me reaching for the movie rather than trying to muddle through who is doing what to whom in a crazy battle scene. That said, films do major battles way better than my imagination, one of the "cons" of living in a non-war torn country.
2.  Real book or e-book?
Books - you can read my opinion on the kindle here.
3. Funniest thing you’ve done in the last 5 years?
Um, I assume this means funny to others? It must be my episode of caffeine and catnip. Although it does still make me giggle.
4.  Do you put yourself in the books you read/movies you watch?
Only if character A is being being hurt by Character B - then I'll displace it onto D and be mad at him for however long it takes for the characters to resolve their s*it.
5. How would your best friend describe you?
Um, fun? We can be sensible debating something happening, giggling over cocktails or then we are dying our hair and dancing round the living room singing along to musicals like 5 yr-olds.
6.  Favorite kind of car and why?
A free one? I'm going to say a DB9 just so I sound like I know something about cars. Otherwise my real answer is red one? 
7.  Would your choice of party be a catered meal or a barbecue out back?
Catered party / BBQ I don't care I love throwing parties and planning them, and catering them. But it has to be completely on my terms.
8.  What’s your favourite season and why?
Freshly mowed grass in spring, but I love autumn, the colours, smells and the crisp feeling on the air.
9.  What important lessons have you learned?  Spiritual, educational, and occupational?
Spiritual:  You're not alone. 
Educational:  Life gives the best education - unless you want to be a doctor or something. Mistakes are important steps and mostly fun to make. University is pointless unless you NEED a degree for your job - aka. doctor.
Occupational: Everyone spends time talking about how bad things are, but not many talk or are listened to about how good things are. There is something messed up with that.
And Baz Lurhmann said everything I value best: 

10.  Besides writing, what’s your favorite thing to do when you get some extra time?
Reading, gaming, cooking, listening to music or watching movies.  These activities are all improved with the company of D.
11.  What’s one place you can be found at least one time every week?
Currently only at home. But usually I end up at Sainsbury and the post office weekly (they are opposite each other) The post office is for work, Sainsbury is for chocolate and other wrongful goodies.

To comply with the rules - if you're reading this post - TAG - YOUR IT!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You obeyed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course i did, i need structure otherwise my "baby brain" and i just forget to do ANYTHING lol

    ReplyDelete