Tuesday 24 April 2012

Sleep Cravings

So last night it didn't matter what i was dreaming about (horse racing, walking, junk yards) I still kept dreaming about apple crumble and custard. I could even smell it. I woke up this morning and the smell continued to follow me around the house- it wasn't until I sniffed my hands that I realised the new moisturiser i used last night (smells like vanilla and baileys) was to blame.
As I'd slept the skin over my bump had heated and make a warm vanilla smell that my mind had tried to "sleep identify" as delicious custard and what do i have custard with - crumble. I'm going to have to make a crumble today now to satisfy the cravings!
I even announced to D when he got up at 5am (in a very whiny voice) that I wanted crumble and custard before turning over and going back to sleep. Poor D didn't know what to say or do while he got ready for work, it was clear he wasn't sure if I meant I wanted him to now, at 5am start cooking a crumble or if I was just informing him so he can pick up some custard on his way home from work. Poor D.

4 comments:

  1. Closed-Circuit to D: The answer is always "both." You must immediately begin making the crumble at 5am AND pick up custard. Really, you should have had the custard on hand already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want some apple crumble and custard. Can D get some for me, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-)

    That's why I avoid the vanilla-scented anything. It makes my pants' sizes go up...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh...what moisturizer are you using that smells like that? It actually sounds delightful!

    ReplyDelete