Sunday 31 October 2010

I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.

Trick or treating was forbidden in my house growing up, my mum went on about how it was worshipping the occult and all that pa lava, according to the google-gods the Vatican stance on Halloween is as follows:
"if English and American children like to dress up as witches and devils on one night of the year that is not a problem. If it is just a game, there is no harm in that."

Bravo! Exactly it is just a bit of fun! Just because we they dress up does not mean we've all begun eating babies and sacrificing livestock in some dark ritual.
What I discovered today about hallowed eve traditions were really nice, how tonight is a time to honour the spirits of your ancestors and the jack-o-lanterns were made to ward other spirits off from also entering the home.
(So I made mine extra creepy - just in case)

Edward the V-umpkin

I've also decided that once I'm rich I am going to be the house which gives out entire large candy bars to each caller and has a jam-packed front lawn of entertainment... yeah, I'm gonna be the coolest house.
I've also decided that if I ever have kids to take trick-or-treating we're going to drive around the entire town stopping at every Halloween decked house we see....we'll be eating candy for months!

Now I'm off to turn the lights out and pretend no-ones home and cosy on down with the rest of the candy and toffee apples - cause it's all MINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment